Hi there. 
Its been awhile since my last blog update.
How are y’all been doing? Still breathing? Alhamdulillah.. Going through rough times? Hmm just keep movin. Cry… Get help. Mengadu dekat Allah in your doa after solat. At least, that’s what I do.

Alhamdulillah, ended my first year in medical school. Now, I’m already a month and a half, past my summer break. And another 1.5 months to go till it ends. I’m back in Malaysia now. Gonna be back to Dublin in mid August, insyaAllah. Hm, heads up! My writing skills have gotten worsen, day by day. Sorry if it bores you to death. 

A lot have been going on lately. Never seem to see the end of it. I had a blast, on my first year in RCSI. Met a lot of people, made new friends, yet, I still am the socially awkward, introverted person, okay. That fact doesn’t change. I’ve been going out of my comfort zones, a few times. And I thank god for that, for giving me the courage to do it! It does improve my communication and hearing, in picking up their language, yada yada yada. It really does. But, I can’t change who I am. Despite meeting the new people, stepping out of my comfort zone bla bla, it made me all the more better at understanding myself. My character, and personality. 

You know, I suffered from bad acne, for more than half of my semester as a first year. God knows how much it affected my self-esteem!!!! Haih, still remember those days when I cried every. single. night.. But, alhamdulillah, although it is still in the process of healing, at least, my self-esteem when it comes to my appearance has risen up a teeny, tiny bit. Thank god, Allah gave me the means to sort it out. Only acne sufferers know how it feels & what it takes to have -no screw that- to DREAM of having a clear skin. 

Did take part on a few competition and sport outside classroom, but come to think of it, neither of them actually helped in improving my CV actually. Haha. Damn. Currently thinking on whether to revise my first-year lectures or to try my luck in dissertation competition for a Kane Medal Award. Hm…

Anyway, for those of you still dwelling on furthering studies in medicine in Ireland; which universities. I’d say u go for whichever you think suits you. In terms of courses they offer, their schedule, how the exams conducted, bla bla. For me, RCSI is the best so far. You get a Macbook (although its actually included in the fees), student welfare is amazing, foods (meats) are halal and delish, facilities are incredibly top-notch, plus, it’s really only 20 minutes away to the city of Dublin (by foot). But, if you’re more of a countryside kind of a person, clean air, fresh dew, birds chirping, amazing view, away from the hustle and bustle of a city life, I’d say you go to NUIG or Cork-provided that you can choose la.

Till then,
Adios.
x




p/s: i'd written this down on microsoft and saved it in my computer but posted it here quite late. so please don't mind the date that much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflections

Doubts

WOW?