A visit to remember. CAS at Vietnam

Assalamualaikum..


I'm still in my 'vacation' mood ie not even bothering to touch any books, so I was trying to sort out my files in my hard disk. When I was looking through photos and videos of my last December trip to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam (for CAS purposes), it was exhilarating to reminisce. So, this SehatiSerumpun10.0 group consist of three M15C students and about 11 (+-) E15C students. It was nice la, to blend in/join the engineering kids, for a change. The way they think, behave, enjoy life are way disparate than my peers. Haha. I mean, we do fool around (although seldom), and sometimes serious. But them? Macam tak pernah serious langsung. Hahahahahahaha. (tapi memasing otak geliga tau-that fact doesnt change no matter their attitude)


So this is a picture of the three of us; me, qee and baby boo. It was taken the day we are to do our social service at kg Suio Nung. The place was 'insta-worthy' ( I mean, the "wallpaper" nmpk mcm old ruins yg sgt cantik) so we all got off from our bus, and took a chance to snap a pic.

Then bila dah sampai (6 hours journey y'all) byk juga la activites yg kitorg buat which was so memorable. exciting and fruitful! Interacted with the kids, painted the mosque and gave them rice (zakat) to name a few.







Sooo yeah, these are some of the pics taken. Kitorang stay kat sana around 5 days jugakla. the first two days was spent on doing our CAS Activity while the third and fourth kitorg jenjalan. The fifth we're already on our way back home. Suffice to say, I am definitely going back to Vietnam. Ben Thanh Market was an exciting place to borong kain ok. (Definitely "syurga dunia" for my grandmother.) 

In fact, lepas buat CAS activity kat sini, it strengthens my desire to become a doctor. Sebab it will be one of the platforms for me to serve the community. Mcm doctors without borders, MERCY, etc. Buat mcm ni, looking at the villagers, and how it felt to now that u did something good, made u realise that life is just not about you getting what u wanted. It made u realise to be grateful for whatever that u have. to be humble. Haih, its so hard to describe and put in words, but I guess, once uve experienced it, that genuine feeling will come. 

The adventures were remarkable. Ada this one time, I really so wanted to get a Hard Rock Cafe shirt, and suggested to my pbc advisor to go there, but my request was denied. Saying that the place was too far away. So when kitorg ada free time, I ajak my two other girlfirends to go tau. (That IS how preservere and determined I am). And trust us, language barrier was so evident. Sesat jugakla. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. And then we had to brave the heavy downpour when it was pitch dark. With practically no raincoats (we have only one to share for three ppl) mmg berjalan habis ah ho chi minh city tu. Then I had to tahan teksi in the middle of that heavy rain!!!!!!! Oh god, the tragedy. XD. Yet, It was wonderful, really. The experience yg we all share, hanya kitorg je yg tahu the excitement. In fact, I am grinning like an idiot myself while writing this entry remembering those good ol' days. Bila kitorg berjalan tu lah, baru tahu actually, dekat gila je! And actually, we managed to step foot on Vietnam's city! Ada LV, and macam2 branded shops la! Trust me, the city was very much alive. And we regretted not one bit bcs the discovery was worth the while.

Hahaha. Tapi memang boleh tahan kuyup jugakla malam tu. Hmmm, I don't think I have the pictures for that particular night, unfortunately. EH Jap, ada.






And, tak semua kenangan indah belaka.... Tu lah, org kata jangan happy sangat kan. Well as a bad luck would have it, baby boo lost her iPhone. Idk, i felt bad at the time, but thinking back, we sure had a huge laugh about it. Nasib baik her mother tak marah. It was a high probability that she left the phone in a cab, and after much search, no sign of it. We were so reckless, tak even ingat the plate number, the fone number, etc. We were so happy cause each of us had the best night so we kind of forgot to be careful at all times. So, apa2 in the future, always remeber ur belongings. Keep it safe always. Tapi, in all honesty, I think it's kind of normal utk tertinggal such things. I mean, for certain people la. Macam Azlan Andi kan? Haha

All in all, every place that u go, either alone, or if u go with the right person - ie ur significant other ;) - the places have their own specialty and stories to tell. And I will always treasure them. That's why, one of my life (note: life dunia je dulu ok) goals is to travel the world. If ada rezeki. Although now it seems so far-fetched to be true, what with my career goal to maybe become a surgeon, which requires a lot of time, so it just sits there unmoving on my list.. Ada rezeki, adalah, takde rezeki, kita tick this list off dekat syurga nnti. :) InsyaAllah.

Vietnam has definitely open my eyes yg Asia actually has its own beauty. Exotic beauty. I used to dream of touring Europe / the West je, but now. I'm definitely changing my opinion and preference.

Vietnam will definitely be in one of my bucket list. (though not on top) First one is Verona n Venice. Hahahahahah. Ok bye


Love, 
Intan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflections

Doubts

WOW?